Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134

Thread: GOP and Swift boat politics

  1. #101
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read'em and everything you have been saying for the past few months leads directly to you saying something like this and then geting nailed on it and trying to back out of it with some flip/flop bs. </div></div>

    Sure thing buddy--you keep thinking that. I'm not as dopey or clueless as I used to be.

    You're giving me too much credit here though--I can't set something up "months" in advance and then boom--hit a bunch of people, assuming all the while that something racist might come up.

    Now seeing the reaction people would have to a similar attack on the black people in the Republican party when some are excusing the same attacks on Obama--that was easy.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #102
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't get "nailed". I posted something to get a reaction from certain posters on here that I called before I hit the submit button. Sure enough...it worked, I got the reaction I was looking for...so deal with it.

    Racism's wrong folks, whether you're Obama or Powell--doesn't matter what side of the aisle someone's one. Racism though, unfortunately, isn't looked at as a form of hate that we should shun anymore--it's morphed into a way to be offended and a tool to make someone backpedal off of something they say that could be taken as "racist", when a racist meaning/intent was not meant.

    It's flat wrong to use something like that as a "convenience" to down someone--not because it's an unfair tactic that ignores the crux of what that person is actually saying--but mainly because there's nothing funny, ironic, or convenient about hundreds of years of putting down someone just because they're "different".

    I think that was a nice little case study that showed me a lot about how some people view racial topics. I'll remember that going forward. </div></div>

    th laughinghard1

    Nice BS...</div></div>

    You're one of the 5 man--just remember, if I'm looking to form a football team, and I need a 5-man DB crew to run a Nickel package--I know where to go to find guys who really know how to backpedal back into coverage...no need to look any further! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #103
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I love it when a plan comes together.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #104
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it when a plan comes together. </div></div>

    George Peppard/John "Hannibal" Smith would share a cigar with me for that one.

    He'd tell the rest of you to get on the plane.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #105
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    However, no one is yet disputing my claim. Obama's 143 days don't look like much, do they?
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #106
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't get "nailed". I posted something to get a reaction from certain posters on here that I called before I hit the submit button. Sure enough...it worked, I got the reaction I was looking for...so deal with it.

    Racism's wrong folks, whether you're Obama or Powell--doesn't matter what side of the aisle someone's one. Racism though, unfortunately, isn't looked at as a form of hate that we should shun anymore--it's morphed into a way to be offended and a tool to make someone backpedal off of something they say that could be taken as "racist", when a racist meaning/intent was not meant.

    It's flat wrong to use something like that as a "convenience" to down someone--not because it's an unfair tactic that ignores the crux of what that person is actually saying--but mainly because there's nothing funny, ironic, or convenient about hundreds of years of putting down someone just because they're "different".

    I think that was a nice little case study that showed me a lot about how some people view racial topics. I'll remember that going forward. </div></div>


    LOL say it however you want but YOU put your foot in your mouth and all the doubble speak in the world will not fix it.

  7. #107
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    regardless, to say someone only gets a nomination cuz of their color is a racially motivated statement.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #108
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    True I agree with that as well

  9. #109
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Obama was nominated simply because of his campaign theme, CHANGE. America is in such need of change, that they seen him, obviously he represents change/not Bush and he was nominated. He just happens to be black.

  10. #110
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    Like I said I agree.......IMHO most of his supporters are voteing against Bush as opposed to For Obama.


    Which is why the Dems are tring to link this ticket to Bush is it a smart move? (Yes) is it 100% Honist? (No)


    The other side is no better Claiming experance is the #1 reason to Vote Rep but then picking a VP with VERY little experance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •